Tuesday, July 12

A cup filled up with attitude


I was excited about going to Kaffe, the first stop in the coffee quest. The place has only a few seats in a large space. It is clear that they are aiming to be an Italian coffee bar. Trying to be a place where you grab a shot of espresso quick while standing in the counter. I was excited about trying out something new as I'd heard good things about the place from locals. Thus, I arranged a get together with friends. And, yes, they were Swedes. Kaffe is definitely what Stockholmers claim it to be. It’s a bar where you drink mainly coffee. No surprise regarding the costumers though. Kaffe is crowded with city's people in their mid-thirties and upwards, grabbing a quick coffee or sitting by the large windows facing S:t Paulsgatan. The people are gorgeous and really know how to enjoy life. On the other hand, you will not find many foreigners hanging around there. Like me, a Swedish friend would bring them there. Unfortunately, there is more attitude in the cup than a good espresso. Warning: Kaffe is not the place to go for a big meal, but perfect for people watching or for grabbing a quick coffee. They serve Caffe Monteriva, which is a Swedish espresso brand. Sadly, it's a coffee that is too sour to my taste and I was a little disappointed. So, the quest for my favorite cafĂ© in Stockholm still continues.

Kaffe

Address:
S:t Paulsgatan 17
118 46 Stockholm, Sweden

Subway:
Mariatorget T-bana or Slussen T-bana

Payment accepted‎:
cash only

No comments:

Post a Comment